Friday, November 7, 2014


Sound walk
As I walked around my neighborhood for an hour I could tried to open my ears and examine every little sound I could hear. I noticed there where far more than what I could imagine and these different little sounds come out with concentration and a true feeling of heightened awareness. Many times when I do a sound listening meditation its usually in a quiet place where I can be alone with whatever sounds are present at the time, I noticed that sometimes silence can be louder than sound there is a static like or even screeching noise in silence I don’t know if I’m the only one that notices or if that’s simply what happens when there is no sound coming from a specific place.  In my walk I couldn’t hear this silence because there were activities of all kinds. One could hear the leaves dancing along with the strong breeze that dropped in from the west the sound would blend in with the passing of the occasional car that passed by since it was the morning there weren’t much but enough to make one or two honk their horn and create an almost symphony with the sound of the wind and the leaves moving along with the engine of the car that could be so vividly heard. As the breeze continued ticking my ears I could also hear the footsteps of people walking by along with the coins that would sound in one man’s pocket. That is what 7:30 am sounds like in my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment