Friday, November 7, 2014


Wilson Aldas
Museum
            I went to the museum of moving image and I must say I was not disappointed. I only wish I had discovered the museum a bit sooner so I know it exists! There are many things exhibits I enjoyed and many things I observed.
            one thing that immediately captured was before I even walked in the surroundings were filled with many production trucks and the cones that always signals filming after that what captured my attention as well was the white walls/floor/stairs. Everything was white and it looked very clean as if its maintenance team works around the clock. As I walked in I was also glad I paid 9 dollars instead of 12 although it was worth every penny.
The first exhibit I saw was a script of Nurse Jackie and photo graphs along with the history of the Kaufman Astoria Studios this was the first exhibit and I was already pulled in as an actor. What was to come would be even more surprising. After I left the first exhibit I went to a room where there portraits of many stars of film and of all generations. I then went into a room where there were masks that were used in films along with artificial noses. As I continued to walk there were small screens showing speeches and describing the writing process. There I also saw a script of the classic movie Citizen kane. As I continued on my tour I immediately noticed the museum wasn’t what I thought. I was expecting boring pictures of movies and maybe an auditorium or two. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that wasn’t the case i walked towards clothing worn in past films and shows including Robert Di Niros boxing gloves from raging bull.  I couldn’t help but touch the white suit from Miami Vice. I continued along and saw the mini theater they had there and since the museum was relatively empty I went in and was all by myself in the theater I looks like a kid in a candy store. After this I preceded to the 3rd floor where I saw cameras and I even saw many of the things that were discussed I class like the first motion picture machine.  And in the floor I found my favorite exhibit. It was a spinning machine that after a while the light turns of and the light flickers at 13 frames per second which was amazing to see that illusion of something actually happening! I Then continued my walk towards the microphones and the first cameras it was mind blowing how big they were and it was just a flash back to class.
            The museum in general was an amazing experience I loved it. I was just disappointed I was alone. I would talk about all the exhibits in detail but I would fill up six pages. I know for a fact that will not be my last time in the museum I will take my family another day so I can have fun without looking like a creep. it was definitely the best museum I have been too. Maybe for me more because of my background but I was thrilled that I went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment